Saturday, January 4, 2014

Mount Everest is Mine

Every single year without fail I realize how much can change in just a year, and I'm unfailingly surprised every single year. Whether this is because more and more changes each year, or because I'm just dumb, doomed to repeat a vicious cycle of damn, a lot has changed since last new years every January, I have no idea. But I guess it doesn't matter, does it? My point is that so much has changed, and I can't wait to see what will come within the 365 days that make up 2014.

I don't make resolutions, not because I'm one of those pessimistic people who complain that there's no point because nobody keeps them, but because I just don't. I don't exactly have specific goals I feel need to be accomplished by December 31st, but with each new beginning of the years I hope life just gets better and better. I'm thankful to be able to say that so far my life has, starting from a very low point, gone uphill. You could say I've gone from below sea level to where Mt. Everest is just within my view; and who knows, maybe by the end of the year I'll be at the base of the mountain, or maybe I'll have climbed it. All I know is that I'm going to start walking with the very peak of Everest always within my sight. I won't stop until I get there, no matter how many more new years that may take. 

Zingara Brynne

No comments:

Post a Comment