Friday, December 20, 2013

what good means

what you don't hear when I say only "good" is something that cant really be understood 
for one who's words dont easily flow it can be hard to actually know 
what Im thinking and how I feel, what emotions are part of the deal
but 'good' in itself is something worthwhile, most people don't get even a smile

words like water and words like wine, they're sweet and they sound clever and fine
they comfort like silk, envelope like lace, in a deck of cards they'd be the ace 
yet when syllables slip from a poet's tongue, keep in mind they may be only for fun 

but when even a little flattery tumbles from my awkward mind as it fumbles
I promise, I swear, I vow on my life, there's nothing more serious, words sharp as a knife 
my simplicity is at times less than persuasive, seemingly at times way too evasive
but when I use it, simply just "good" is more than enough if you just understood
inside my mind and the way it turns, how silvery lines are hard to discern 

monotonous and artless as "good" may imply, it's really a sign of being tongue tied 
because the things you do and the things you say, leave me breathless every day 
if I was a poet who easily spoke, I still wouldnt be able to pen a beautiful stroke 
because what can I say when I cant even breathe, when all I know is you're my every need?



Zingara Brynne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment