Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Call Me Zingara

It's been about two years since I've had a blog. Since the downfall of my last one I've thought about creating a new page but never found the motivation. Until now that is. Now happens to be a quarter past two in the morning on December 17th by the way.
This post has absolutely no point except to add a text onto my blog to help me decide on a color scheme.
I might as well give some information about myself so this isn't completely pointless. Maybe as a reader you'll like what you see and follow this blog in hopes of reading more content you like!

  • I'm young. Closer to twenty than ten; an upperclassman at a beautiful school where Cougars rule! 
  • I don't know where this blog is going or what it will be about. I just know I want to write things that people enjoy reading- maybe posts that will lead you to reflect on what you've read, or something that will make you laugh, at least bring a smile to your lips. 
  • I am quite the traveler, and I promise you many of my posts will reflect this detail of my personality. I have been to most of the United States (I've lived in Alaska, actually, though I no longer reside there). In addition to that, I've been to Milan, Italy, Moscow, Russia, and Istanbul, Turkey. I have friends everywhere, though my closest confidants are in Belarus, Turkey, Italy, and Indonesia.
  • I left my heart in Istanbul. You'll probably hear more about that than you can bear. My apologies in advance. 
  • I am a true animal lover, with my main fixation being on horses. Expect to read much about this. 
  • My life is a complicated mess at the moment. I know all teenage people feel that way, but I promise you I'm not being melodramatic when I say this. 
  • I've always, always been described as the hopeless tomboy who has her nose in a book when she's not romping around, but I hold true to a minuscule part of the female stereotype... you may hear about fashion from time to time ;) 
  • I am a writer. I am a poet. I am a photographer. I am an artist. 
Just the same as pretty much anybody else, I am a person, a whole person with a whole life, and that entire life is not going to fit into a post on a website for people with too much spare time; but these basic points will definitely tell you more about who I am than any other words I'd be able to write.

I feel as though my last blog was a failure in terms of my own standard for a blog due to the fact that I felt I was writing to please other people. I mean, if a person's intent is to write to keep others happy and that's what they're happy doing, then good! But I felt as though my writing was never good enough in comparison to what other people wrote about. This blog will be different. This blog will be for me. I will write for me. I will post poetry, art, my random musings, short stories, portions of my novels, current and past life events, whatever I want, and I will be pleased in doing so. My goal is to take pride in what I write, to stop comparing myself to others. 

That is all. 
By the way, you can call me Zingara


No comments:

Post a Comment